frequently asked questions

What is a Mobile Notary?

A Mobile Notary is a Notary Public, as defined by Virginia Code, that travels to its clients/customers to notarize documents.

What i​s a Notary Signing Agent?

A Notary signing agent is hired as an independent contractor to ensure that real estate loan documents are executed by the borrower, notarized, and returned for processing on time. Completing this critical part of the loan process enables the loan to be funded.

-Source: National Notary Association

What forms of payment does LSE accept?

LSE accepts all forms of payment to include cash, checks, credit/debit cards, PayPal, Cash App, and Venmo. Payment is due at time of notarization. Customers may also secure their notary appointment with our pre-pay option via LSE store.

What are LSE's Hours of Operation for Mobile Notary Services?

LSE conducts notarizations and loan signings Monday :thru Friday from 7:30am-9:00pm. Weekend and holiday hours are by appointment only. It is best to schedule an appointment to ensure that your notarial needs are met! Click here to schedule your appointment!

How much does LSE charge for notarizations?

For General Notary Work, there is a minimum $35 travel fee plus $5 per notarization. Travel fee is based on mileage and could increase due to travel distance. For Real Estate Loan Signings, please contact LSE for pricing.  

What is an electronic notarization?

Electronic notarization is a process whereby a notary affixes an electronic notary signature and seal information to an electronic document (such as a PDF or Word document). Once affixed to the electronic document, the document is rendered tamper evident such that unauthorized attempts to alter the document will be evident to relying parties.

How do I become a Mobile Notary/Notary Signing Agent?

LSE offers mentoring and business startup services for individuals who want to start their own Notary business. Contact LSE for more information at [email protected]!

What is LSE's service area?

LSE services the following cities/counties:

  • Amelia County
  • Brunswick County
  • Chesterfield County
  • Cumberland County
  • Dinwiddie County
  • Goochland County
  • Greensville County
  • Hanover County
  • Henrico County
  • Mecklenburg County
  • Powhatan County
  • Sussex County
  • City of Colonial Heights
  • City of Farmville
  • City of Petersburg
  • City of Richmond

What is the process of having a document notarized?

If you need to have a document notarized, you need to do the following:

1. You need to make an appointment! Click here to do so!

2. You need to have unexpired, government issued identification (i.e. Driver's License, State Issued ID Card, Passport) present at the time of your appointment.

3. If your document requires witnesses, you must have all witnesses present at the time of your appointment. Witnesses must also have unexpired, government issued identification present.

4. Have a neat, clean version of your document present. Please do not sign the document prior to your appointment. Some documents require you sign in the presence of the Notary Public.

5. Let Lady Scott Enterprises handle the rest! Payment for services are due at the time of appointment. Cash, Credit/Debit Cards, Checks, PayPal, Venmo, & CashApp are acceptable forms of payment. 

How do I donate to C.A.M. & Friends?

LSE wants to continue to be a blessing to those in need in our community. We truly appreciate your generosity. Donations enable children to attend summer camp, purchase clothing and school supplies, participate in sports/recreational programs, and more! To donate, please email [email protected] You will be invoiced for your chosen amount.